We know that the end of year can be a busy time for many businesses. ReturnToWorkSA’s current process is too complex and onerous for employers. We propose to make a number of changes to improve this process for employers.
- You will no longer need to provide estimated remuneration for your business for the upcoming year. Instead, actual remuneration for the previous year will be used to calculate premium for the upcoming year. This means that the amount of remuneration information you need to provide will be halved.
- We will extend the timeframe for you to provide remuneration information, from the current three-four weeks, to approximately 10 weeks (early July to mid-September).
- As a consequence of eliminating estimated remuneration, there will be no end of year adjustments to the premium paid (unless exceptional circumstances apply).
- You will be able to choose whether to make one annual payment or pay in instalments. Due to the extension of time to provide remuneration information (point 2), there will be nine payment instalments instead of 10.
- We are updating our online services and as a result, your passwords will not be reset each year or posted out. You will be required to register online once only as part of the transition to the new system. Further information about this will be provided in early 2019.
To view more information on the proposed changes, click here.