The COVID-19 Community Sector Impact Survey by Our Community, which builds on previous findings from April 2020, surveyed 907 NFP representatives and 1,027 members of the public to examine the impact of the pandemic on the sector and what’s needed to recover.
Key findings in the 40-page report include:
- Demand for not-for-profit services is up
- Volunteering has been severely disrupted with no signs of an early recovery
- Fundraising remains down, with some glimmers of hope
- A bounce-back in staffing should be expected
- Organisations are investing more in training and digital technology
- Not-for-profits are more optimistic now than they were 12 months ago
- There’s greater community awareness of the work of not-for-profits
- Some groups have responded to the pandemic by diversifying revenue
- There is a renewed focus on governance and strategic planning
- Only 7% of groups see climate changes as a top challenge.
To view the Covid-19 Community Sector Impact Survey in full, click here