- 6 month waiver if annual payroll is less than $4million or on demonstration of significant cash flow impacts.
- JobKeeper support payments are exempt from payroll tax.
- $250million Community and Jobs Support Fund
- COVID-19 Arts Grants Support
- Proposed initiatives aimed at helping landlords whose residential tenants’ income has been affected. This includes a short-term moratorium on eviction for non-payment of rent as a result of COVID-19, preventing increases in rent and virtual routine inspections.
- Initiatives available to support liquor licence holders while COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
- Emergency cash grants of $10,000 to not-for-profit entities that employ South Australians. Applications for these grants are now closed.
- Individuals receiving the JobSeeker payment can receive a once-off boost of $500.
- Land tax reduction of 25% for eligible landlords and deferral of third and fourth quarterly instalments for up to six months for eligible landlords, businesses and individuals.
- Rent relief of up to $1,000 for eligible residential tenants.
Consumer and Business Services
- Extension of six months for associations to lodge returns and hold AGMs
- Subject to good governance practices, the Consumer and Business Services (SA) will not take action where a virtual AGM is held but does not comply with the Association’s rules that meetings are held in person.
- Six month extension granted to Lottery / Bingo providers to provide relevant financial statements.
- Charities have been granted a 6 month extension to provide statements in accordance with the Collections for Charitable Purposes Act.
- Any additional “top-up” amounts paid to employees as a result of the JobKeeper Payment Scheme, will not be considered as remuneration for the purposes of calculating the WorkCover premium.
Links for further information:
Economic response package
COVID-19 Arts Grants Support
Rental Advice due to COVID-19
Information for Associations
Information for the Hospitality Sector
Growing South Australia
Cost of Living Concessions
Payroll Tax Relief
COVID-19 in the Workplace
Residential Relief Grant Scheme
CBS COVID-19 Updates