While donations have been an essential part of relief efforts for the Australian bushfires, many of us also want to physically help.
The ABC has recommended some key strategies for how to get started:
- Choose an area: Animals, People or Environment?
- Choose the right charity… some viable options include:
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- Victorian Country Fire Authority
- South Australian Country Fire Service
- The Salvation Army bushfire appeal
- Red Cross’ Disaster Relief and Recovery
- RSPCA’s bushfire appeal
- Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service (WIRES)
- Consider the community, not specific families, individuals and businesses
- Contact and ask what the charity needs, don’t assume
For the full ABC article click here.